Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Raw Milk and Ron Paul

       Well, the FDA, assisted by local SWAT teams, raided some some small dairy and organic farmer types last week in California, in order to remove any resistance to Corporate Agriculture.  They have declared -- I suppose by administrative fiat -- that it is illegal for people to sell raw milk to each other.  Shut those people down; close their businesses; seize their farms; fine them; imprison them.  They are a danger to the health of our society, and more importantly, our American Way of Life.

       I suspect that you won't hear much about this on the local news, or in the political discussions carried by the media, busy as they are with wars, debt ceilings, and stock market averages.  And the Republican Establishment and the Democratic Establishment are just that -- Establishment -- and they are one hundred per cent in favor of corporatizing the whole of America.  Actually, the whole world.

       I'm not expecting this issue to make it to your church's pulpit or "leadership team," either.  What with supporting our troops, honoring our veterans, decrying the collapse of our 401-k's, gay marriage, the China threat, the Muslim threat, the emerging-church threat, the drug threat, the public-school threat, and so on, the "plight" of a few small farmers is going to have a hard time competing for a place on the church's already very full plate.

       I understand.  You sent your kids off to the military; you didn't help them start organic farms.  If your kids are lucky, they have jobs in a fast-food restaurant (or college cafeteria) where the franchise absolutely depends on the Agricultural-Industrial Complex.  Probably those recently-raided small farmers are just misguided nature-worshippers.  Probably their food is unsafe; at least, we know it is unapproved.  And what am I, anyway -- some kind of  environmentalist wacko?

       But let us leave the church out of it -- please -- and get back to practicals.

       I make no secret of the fact that I love Ron Paul.  I'm not trying to nominate him for Pope or anything, but I like the way he thinks.  And I remember -- I do have a memory -- that he took time in his last campaign to stand up for the right of farmers -- including, but not limited to, Old Order Mennonite and Amish -- to produce and sell raw milk.  He was the only one of the candidates I ever heard take the time to do that (correct me if I am wrong).  The rest were fully occupied in supporting wars, lambasting their opponents, supporting wars, discussing issues, and supporting wars.  In other words, pandering to their voting blocs.

       Which is why Ron Paul is going to lose -- big, I predict -- and I'm totally okay with that.

       Ron Paul has committed the Unpardonable Political Sin, and has not Repented.  Actually, it is not sin; that could be forgiven.  It is Heresy, which cannot be.  He has repeatedly, publicly, and consistently criticized the Banker-Lawyer-Corporate-Warfare cartel that runs all of this country and most of the world.  He has denounced Satan and all his works.  And for that, he will Not.  Be.  Forgiven.

      Here is a little homily for the day, courtesy of Jeremiah:

For scoundrels are found among my people; they take over the goods of others. Like fowlers they set a trap; they catch human beings.  Like a cage full of birds, their houses are full of treachery; therefore they have become great and rich, they have grown fat and sleek. They know no limits in deeds of wickedness; they do not judge with justice the cause of the orphan, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy.  Shall I not punish them for these things? says the Lord, and shall I not bring retribution on a nation such as this?  An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land:  the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule as the prophets direct; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?


       Crazy old Jeremiah.  What could he know?


*       *       *


Comments pro and con always welcome, here or on the Park Bench.


    

6 comments:

  1. Coincidentally, I had raw milk for the first time last week. It was delicious :)

    Also, you might be happy to know that this raid story at least got a nod (a small paragraph) in Time magazine.

    Thank you for continually enlightening us on issues we might not otherwise hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our state, raw goat milk was outlawed : ( I especially liked in during my pregnancies, when raw milk is supposed to be a big no-no. I had the healthiest and easiest pregnancies when I had access to it.

    Dr. Paul has also stood up for homeschool families and midwives, which all others have completely ignored. But I think the attacks on raw milk touch him deeply, because he grew up on a dairy farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! I think Old Testament prophets give us a better understanding of what's going on than the evening news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like Ron Paul.
    I really think we as Americans can decide whats healthy and whats not.
    thanks for the update Robert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to David for providing this link

    http://www.naturalnews.com/033280_FDA_raids_timeline.html#ixzz1Uc1qfn9B

    It is a timeline of FDA raids against independent people who have been targeted by Big Pharma.

    I find it enlightening.

    ReplyDelete