Thursday, April 25, 2013

Three Speechly Virtues

     If I come to the Lord with a thankful soul, there are three joys -- the joy that He hears me, the joy that I walk in Truth, and the joy that has no cause.

     If I approach my fellow in the way of forgiveness, there are four harmonies of peace -- between the Lord and me; between the Lord and my fellow; between my fellow and me; and the peace that passes understanding.

     If I am silent, there are five songs of love to be heard -- the love of the Lord toward me; my love toward the Lord; my fellow's heart toward me; and my heart toward my fellow; and the love that has no name.

     And now there abide these three speechly virtues -- thankfulness, forgiveness, and silence.  And the greatest of these is silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment