Friday, December 7, 2012

We Have Been Scripted

     We have been scripted.

     We have been deeply scripted by evil men.  I think, all of us have been scripted.  Some more so than others.  But probably all of us, to a greater degree, and with more negative effects, and for longer, than we suppose.  And in ways, and by such means, as we are hardly ready to admit.

     The script is specific, general, pervasive, and old.  Ancient, even.  It is filled with damage.  Saints and sages have warned us of it.  It hypnotizes, allures, distracts us, weakens us, and compels us.  It is embodied in bad men.  They tell us what to do, how to think, where to go, and when.  They check up on us to see that we are obeying them.  They control us; or want to. 

     I do not claim to know all the whats or hows or whys.  I think I know some of them.  I think it would be profitable for us to think for a while about the script, about its existence, its agents, its nature and effects, its complexities and simplicities, and what we may know, and what we do not know.

     I think that there is a way out, but I will save that for some other time.  

*       *       *

     See my previous post, "A World War II Veteran Comes Home," for some of my specific thoughts on the nature of the evil script.

     I also made a reference to this in another post, "Reading Between The Lines."

     Your comments, as always, are most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Yes.

    We are caught between warring writers, one of whom mostly produces advertisements and has great difficulty developing anything original.

    Who is the Other? I'm not telling.

    ReplyDelete