Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Former Congressman George Hansen RIP

     Former Congressman George Hansen has just passed away.  Since the time of his political activity was mostly in the 70s and 80s, an entire generation has grown up that is unaware of him, what he stood for, who they were who made themselves his enemies, and what was the price that he paid for putting his constitutional principles into action.

     Will Grigg has just written a post about George Hansen's life.  Please read it.

     When I read it, it triggered in my mind a whole cascade of recollections and reflections that wanted to turn themselves into an essay of my own.  Which I may eventually write; but I know how these things go, and I want to go ahead and give this story exposure, just as it is.  It is something we need to remember -- or know for the first time.

     Thanks, Will, for remembering, caring, and taking the time to remind the rest of us.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment