Saturday, December 28, 2013

Maybe It's Time

. . . we had a second political party in the U.S.

. . . we stopped acting like the U.S. Government was the Church.

. . . we stopped acting like the Church was the U.S. Government.

. . . we acted like we really believed in personal liberty.

. . . we acted like we really believed in personal responsibility.

     Now I actually believe each of the above propositions to be a good one -- but on the other hand, Maybe It's Also Time . . .

. . . we stopped using the "assumed inclusive" we  pronoun so much (as well as the over-used, "assumed other" they ), and instead,

. . . I used more specific pronouns, such as I, you, he.

. . . I learned to keep more of my opinions to myself: write and talk less, think and do more.

. . . to praise the Virtues, and the Gifts, less; and to practice them more.

. . . to pray for, and expect, a Blessed New Year.

     Call them my Ten Suggestions for the coming year.





No comments:

Post a Comment